No, not "adult" in the sex sense. I never really understood using "adult" to mean "erotic." I mean, it's not like kids aren't interested in sex, too. I think adult should refer to things that really only adults generally do, like pay mortgages and wear bifocals and have kids.
Anyway, this was on facebook but I only do memes here:
Tired of all of those surveys made up by high school kids?! 'Have you ever kissed someone? Missed someone? Told someone you loved them? Drank alcohol?' 38 questions for the people who are a little older...Comment when you finish. I'd love to see your answers.
Copy the questions here; start a new note and paste putting your answers over mine. Then tag your friends to see what we all have in common.
1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
Rent, because I co-own a home I can't live in and if my ex had been willing to sell it or buy me out, I could have had a little place of my own by now.
2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
3. What do you really want to be doing right now?
Traveling to a far off destination
4. How many colleges did you attend?
Two, if we count grad school
5. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
Soft, comfy and clean.
6. What are your thoughts on gas prices?
I'm oblivious since I rarely drive
7. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
I don't have to go to work!
8. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
I don't have to go to work tomorrow!
9. Do you miss being a child?
Only rarely, mostly I prefer adulthood
10. What errand/chore do you despise?
Laundry, and I feel like I do it all the time.
11. Get up early or sleep in?
Sleeping in is a rare treat.
12. Have you found real love yet
13. Favorite lunch meat?
14. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart?
I was in one once, but I have never bought anything in one.
15. Beach or lake?
How are these in opposition? Lakes have beaches. I love the beach - both lake beaches and ocean beaches.
16. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
No, I think marriage is three things: a social institution, a legal institution and a religious institution. As I legal institution it constitutes a basic civil right.
17. Sopranos or Desperate Housewives?
18.What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
I think I might like to sit down with our president <=== That was Lori's answer and I think I'll keep it.
19. Have you ever crashed your vehicle?
No, but I only owned a vehicle briefly. I have been in two car crashes, but neither when I was driving.
20. Ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose?
21. Ring tone?
My main one is "It's the End of the World As We Know It" which amuses me, since I work in Emergency Management. A call from my home rings as the X-Men theme, a call from Vicki rings "All You Need as Love." The kids have ring tones reflecting music they particularly liked years ago when I set them up (because I'm too cheap to keep changing them): Doran is Folsom Prison Blues, Kendra is a BNL song ("It's All Been Done") and Zara's is a bit from Rent ("Light My Candle").
22. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?
With Colgate's Wisp (hi, Allison) I can brush my teeth anywhere, even on the subway!
23. Somewhere in California you've never been and would like to go?
23. Do you go to church?
No, I'm Jewish. I go to shul twice a week, though.
24. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship?
Career, if I have to choose, but I'd rather start neither. I'm happy in both.
25. How old are you?
26. Do you have a go to person?
Not exactly. I have a few people I go to for different things.
27. Are you where you want to be in life?
28. Growing up, what were your favorite cartoons?
Rocky and Bullwinkle
29. What about you do you think has changed the most?
I've learned to be a lot more patient, and to live with a lot more disappointment.
30. Looking back at high school were they the best years of your life?
32. Did you ever own troll dolls?
33. Did you have a pager?
I kind of missed the whole pager thing, but I had an early Blackberry, which was kind of a glorified pager.
34. Where was the hang out spot when you were a teenager?
35. Were you the type of kid you would want your children to hang out with?
36.Who do you think impacted your life the most?
37. Was there a teacher or authority figure that stood out for you?
38. Do you tell stories that start with “when I was your age..."?
No, not generally.
Anyone want to play?