The Tell Me About You Meme - Mo's Journal
The Tell Me About You Meme|
1. Can you cook? Yes. Evidently, fairly well. Or at least that's what people tell me.
2. What was your dream growing up? Go to the Rose Bowl. (Or did you mean internalized dreams? To "grow up and read a lot of books." I have since grown up and gotten a PhD, but the jury's still out about whether I've actually accomplished what I had originally intended.)
3. What talent do you wish you had? Musical talent of any sort.
4. Favorite place? Libraries.
5. Favorite vegetable? Broccoli. Potatoes. Leeks. Something like that.
6. What was the last book you read? The Science Behind Montessori (the actual title escapes me; that's something approximating the subtitle. It's by Lillard).
7. What zodiac sign are you? Scorpio.
8. Any Tattoos and/or Piercings? No.
9. Worst Habit? Procrastination (although if excellence is a habit, then lack of excellence is my worst habit).
10. Do we know each other outside of Livejournal? I doubt it, but you never know online.
11. What is your favorite sport? College Football.
12. Do you have a Negative or Optimistic attitude? That depends: the world and most of the people in it are going to hell in handbasket and are there's not a whole lot we can do about it, but it'll all be okay in the end. I prefer to think of myself as an optimistic realist.
13. What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with me? Get comfortable.
14. Worst thing to ever happen to you? Nothing particularly bad has happened to me.
15. Tell me one weird fact about you. (See below) I don't drink beer or wine, but I am a vodka and single malt snob.
16. Do you have any pets? Yes, but I'm allergic to dander.
17. Do you know how to do the Macarena? No.
18. What time is it where you are now? Afternoon, heading toward dusk.
19. Do you think clowns are cute or scary? I don't think about clowns very much.
20. If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be? I don't want to change anything; if I could change several things (or everything) for a little while, just to see what it was like, that might be interesting.
21. Would you be my partner in crime or my conscience? Your conscience if you were doing something stupid. If it weren't stupid, let's do it.
22. What color eyes do you have? Brown.
23. Ever been arrested? No.
24. Bottle or Draft? I don't drink beer.
25. If you won $10,000 dollars today, what would you do with it? Student loan payment.
26. What kind of bubble gum do you prefer to chew? Extra.
27. What's your favorite bar to hang at? The John Hewitt.
28. Do you believe in ghosts? Their existence is external to my belief (either they exist, so it doesn't matter what I think, or they don't, so it doesn't matter what I think; if their existence depends on one's belief in them, then they always already exist without active belief, but their existing-impact is similarly indeterminate. If I already believe in their existence, then their existence-impact is substantial for me whether or not their existence is objectively provable, and if I don't believe in their existence, then their existing-impact is hypothetical, with the same result if they didn't exist in the first place. Of course, if other people believe or not such that their behavior is manifestly impacted by this belief, then it doesn't matter what I think because I have to deal with their actions, regardless of my belief. This is also the answer to whether I believe in God or George W. Bush).
29. Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Walk. Look. Walk while looking. Look while walking.
30. Do you swear a lot? No.
31. Biggest pet peeve? People who rush.
32. In one word, how would you describe yourself? Philologist (in the obsolete use). Commensurate. Amphibolous. Pleonastic.
33. In one word, how would you describe me? Smart.
34. Will you repost this so I can fill it out and do the same for you? Probably not (because I don't do memes, not because I'm not interested in your answers. I am in fact very interested in your answers, so I hope someone else posts it so that I can read them).
|Date:||March 9th, 2007 11:57 am (UTC)|| |
Thanks for doing it! Now I have to find out what philologist used to mean.
|Date:||March 9th, 2007 08:45 pm (UTC)|| |
I only knew it as a sort of old-fashioned term for linguist.