The rules are easy, just post 10 things that recently made you happy! Then tag 10 people and force them to post this meme on their LJs. Because it is good. Everyone needs a little happiness once in a while.
thinking_lotus tagged me. She knows the mood I'm in and she still insists on ten things that have recently made me happy.
1. My kids. They drive me nuts from time to time but they're fun to be with. I miss my son and love that he's not so far and comes home quite often.
2. My friends. They've been really supportive through all my whining about... well all I've been whining about.
3. This. I just started this week and it's great fun and there's tons to read.
4. The weather. I love fall and I've been really annoyed that October started off as summer.
5. My bed. Only those who didn't have one for years really appreciate a bed, I think. I love my bed. The frame is metal, painted black. It's a little like this one.
but with vertical bars instead of the curlicues. And I have lovely soft blue sheets and a wonderful soft red comforter and lots and lots of pillows. Now, if only I weren't sleeping alone in it, it would be perfect.
6. Across the Universe. My kids think it's a great movie. I don't think it's great, but I thought it was really fun and they had a good feel for the music.
7. Livejournal. I'm really enjoying reading my f-list, posting and reading memes, catching up on communities.
8. My neighborhood. See my Ode to Park Slope in previous posting. I can't get over how lucky it is that there's a dyke neighborhood that's also a family neighborhood, an easy commute to Manhattan and just chock full of fun and interesting people.
9. My sister. She always perks me up with cute and funny stories of my nephew and she's hosting me for a weekend next month.
10. Off Our Backs, for deciding to publish my piece on feminism and slash.
Okay, I guess that wasn't that bad. I tag kestrelsparhawk. fgherman, mamajoan, monitorscreen, marag, barenakedrachel, ceeinjax, vanessa_musing, brak666, notmonica. My apologies if you've already been tagged or hate memes.