gacked from becky_h
1. If your doctor told you TODAY that you were pregnant, what would you say?
I would assume it's a joke on three counts (I suffered from infertility for years, I have no access to semen, and I'm over fifty - albeit still menstruating), but I'd have a moment of wistfulness wishing it were true.
2. Do you trust all of your friends?
I think I am generally a trusting person, but my trust has limits.
3. Would you move to another state or country to be with the one you love?
I have done so (moved from Canada to the U.S. because my then partner's student visa was up and she couldn't live in Canada anymore) but I'm in NYC for as long as I'm coparenting.
4. Do you believe that everything happens for a reason?
No, I really don't like teleological thinking. Life is random, but as Logan says, sometimes random is good.
5. Can you make a pound/dollar in change right now?
Sure. Who needs change?
6. Which one of your friends do you think would make the best doctor?
7. Are you afraid of falling in love?
I don't think so. I sometimes wonder if I still have the capacity, though.
8. How many cars are on your drive?
I have neither cars nor drive :-). I owned a car for only 3 years in my whole life - co-owned, actually, with my now ex-partner. I last drove our car last year to go to my brother's funeral. It broke down and I ended up paying $830 to get it fixed. When my father died, I rented. Who says I can't learn from experience?
9. Is there someone who pops into your mind at random times?
10. Whats your most favourite scar?
I have a scar on my right buttock from being given a shot when I was an infant. It's a souvenir from my late father :-).
11. When was the last time you flew in a plane?
Weekend before last. I visited my sister, sister-in-law, nephew, nieces and kestrelsparhawk in the Twin Cities.
12. What did the last text message you sent say and who to?
It was to my son and it was intended to be read as "Toilet paper? You want me to mail you toilet paper? Are you insane? It's cheaper and easier to buy it!" Only it was somewhat more abbreviated than that. I think it was "TP? No way." I hope he read between the lines. I'm too slow at texting to say what I want to explicitly.
13. What features do you find most attractive in the opposite sex?
Hmm. I'm not sexually attracted to men, but I find a lot of men attractive socially and pleasant to look at. I don't have particular features I look for, though.
14. Fill in the blank. I love:
15. What is a goal you would like to accomplish in the near future?
Get the refinancing on our coop done.
16. Do you ever disobey your parents?
Somehow I think this was meant for younger people.
17. How many kids do you want to have?
I have three. I would love to have more, but it alas was not to be.
18. Would you make a good parent?
I think I am a good enough parent, and I always strive to be a better one and hope I've gotten better at it over time.
19. Where was your default icon taken?
At the Delhi Zoo.
20. Whats your middle name?
I don't have one.
21. Honestly, whats on your mind right now?
A lecture/panel discussion I'm going to tonight:
Panel on Judaism & Sexuality: Starting (or Continuing) the Conversation
22. If you could go back in time and change something, what would it be?
Bush would not have been elected.
23. Who was or will be the maid of honour/ best man at your wedding?
I don't expect ever to have a wedding.
24. What are you wearing right now?
A teal silk outfit (pants and sleeveless top) and a black shirt over it.
25. Righty or Lefty?
26. Best place to eat?
I like lots of restaurants. Eating out is a treat for me, in general - someone else cooks and cleans and serves me food. What could be better? I wish I could do it more often.
This place is great, but I've only eaten there a couple of times.
27. Favourite jeans?
28. Favourite animal?
I think I said one of these last time this was in a meme, but I like lots of animals, including the largest rodent in the world , these which were fun to see out of our hotel room window when we went to Disney World , and this guy who figures in my fiction. My favorite scientific name for an animal is gorilla gorilla gorilla.
29. Favourite juice?
30. Have you had the chicken pox?
Yes, and I have a whole story about it. As told to my kids when they were little, it goes:
I was six years old and in the first grade. I was going to be in a play in school. I was a toy ballerina :-). My mother made me the most beautiful red tutu. I was soooooo excited. I was going to dance on the stage! People would clap!
Then a few days before the day of the big performance, I got sick. I was miserable and sore and itchy and spotty. My Daddy said to me very sadly, "You have the chicken pox. You will not dance on the stage. You will not wear your red tutu."
I said, "Maybe I'll be better by then."
He said, "No, you will not."
I said, "How do you know?"
He said, "Because I'm a doctor."
So I cried and cried and cried and the next day to make me feel better, my Daddy brought me a watch. Not a toy watch, but a real one you could tell time with, like even my brother Joel didn't have yet and he was a whole year older than me. I was very excited and happy to get the watch. but still so sad I wouldn't get to dance on the stage.
And then the day of the performance came and there was an enormous blizzard and they had to postpone the performance for two weeks. I got to dance on stage! I got to wear my red tutu! I asked my Daddy if I had to give the watch back and he laughed and said, "No, you can keep it."
31. Have you had a sore throat?
My mother always used to say to me "Dale, your throat is the weak part of your anatomy." I don't get sick often but when I do it's generally a throat infection. And when I had tumors (last year) they were in my throat, too.
32. Ever had a bar fight?
Nope. I don't think I've even ever witnessed one.
33. Who knows you the best?
Me :-). There was one of those "Friend Test" things going round a few years back, and Uncle Ruth was the only one who got all the answers right, so maybe she comes in second.
34. Shoe size?
35. Do you wear contact lenses or glasses?
36. Ever been in a fight with your pet?
I don't even know what that means - fighting against the pet, or pet and owner fighting someone else? Anyway, I have no pets. My dog when I had one was attacked by another dog once and I got in between, which was probably stupid.
37. Been to Mexico?
Yes, Cancun sometime in the 1980s.
38. Did you buy something today?
No, but yesterday I bought headphones for Kendra, throat lozenges (see question 31), dish soap and a couple of small Hanukah presents. Do I know how to live or what?
39. Did you get sick today?
40. Do you miss someone today?
41. Did you get in a fight with someone today?
42. When is the last time you had a massage?
A couple of months ago. If I had my druthers (and money) I'd have one monthly. As it is it's generally every year or two.
43. Last person to lay in your bed?
44. Last person to see you cry?
45. Who made you cry?
Not who. Just life, and complications.
46. What was the last TV show you watched?
I don't remember. Nothing in the last couple of weeks, anyway. Probably MacNeil/Lehrer a couple of weeks ago while making dinner (yes, I know Robin left years ago. I'm in denial, okay?)
47. What are your plans for the weekend?
A lot of paperwork and prepping for my Hanukah party the following week. But also dinner and a play on Saturday night.
48. Who do you think will repost this?
I don't know, but I'd like to read the answers from anyone on my f-list.
49. Who was the last person you hung out with?
50. If your significant other asked you to marry them TODAY what would you say?
I am, alas, significant-otherless.
That was fun. Who wants to do it?