Gacked from everybody and her sister. I hate iTunes but I do have an mp3 player so I'm doing this one minus the iTunes references.
I have randomly chosen 20 songs I carry with me. I'm posting the first line, you guess the title and artist. If the title is included in the line, I've elided it. If there are covers and they're the same text wise, I'll count both the original and the cover artist.
As people get them right, I'll edit to indicate that. Come on, give it a try.
1. Looking out on the morning rain, I used to feel uninspired
Natural Woman. I have the Carole King version. ww1614 got it.
2. Kiss me mother, kiss your darling
I Am Weary (Let Me Rest) by the Cox Family, from the movie O Brother Where Art Thou, guessed by were_lemur
3. Uh huh uh huh uh huh well fine, it's not like it's even worth the time
4. Put a windmill on a cliff where the breeze is always stiff
5. It's been a long time now I'm coming back home
Wait by The Beatles, thanks to executrix
6. Hey pretty baby are you ready for me it's your good rockin' daddy down from Tennessee
7. [song title] dreaming badly feeling something's wrong
8. I often take these night shift walks when the foreman's not around
9. [song title] she skips the potatoes
10. He's a real [song title] sitting in his nowhere land making all his nowhere plans for nobody
Nowhere Man by the Beatles ww1614 got it
11. I used to know a pretty girl who cut off all her hair
12. [song title] under my feet, I feel the sky tumbling down
I Hear the Earth Move by Carole King, guessed by skyline3way
13. [song title x3] won't you dance with me?
14. I heard the front door closing softly as I wakened from my sleep
15. In Fort Worth all the neon's burning bright
16. [song title] you only give me your funny paper
You Never Give Me Your Money by the Beatles, ww1614
17. If it came to pass that they should ask what could I tell them?
18. All my life's a [song title] sunrise and sundown
Circle by Harry Chapin, guessed by talktooloose
19. Hello honey it's me what did you think when you heard me back on the radio?
20. They say everything can be replaced
I Shall Be Released, a Dylan song that has been recorded by a bunch of folks, including The Band, as remembered by Elyse, who doesn't have an lj account
Some of those are hard! I really did just let the software choose them randomly.